Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Belgian corona patient appears to have no antibodies: "I was safe, I thought" - Mediareport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Belgian corona patient appears to have no antibodies: "I was safe, I thought" - Mediareport

Three months ago, Philip Soubry (54) was the only Belgian infected with the corona virus. After eleven days of quarantine, he left the hospital as "the safest person in Belgium". However: Soubry is not immune at all today, a test shows. So he can get the virus again.
    ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
    Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Merci,
    sembler ne pas avoir d'anticorps, cela signifie qu'il n'a pas d'immunit?, ou que la science ne sait pas la montrer ou l'expliquer, ? ce stade ?

Comment

https://www.destentor.nl/buitenland/...tjes~a8907a9a/
      No elevated temperature. Not even a cough. And yet the 54-year-old West Fleming is not allowed to leave his room. “Suddenly you have to make do with what you are brought. The brown bread tastes like we don't have in China. But I still wanted some toppings, a slice of ham for example. Last night I got two boiled eggs, some jam and cheese spread.
      ...snip

It seems Mr. Soubry had a very mild case... perhaps this is the reason for the lack of antibodies.
      "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

• kiwibird
        kiwibird commented
        Editing a comment
        No loss of sense of smell or taste, no appetite suppression - this small article actually gives quite a bit of information.. he said he was bored. I wonder if he even felt fatigued?

his wife in China did not show any signs but was quarantined - however "All lights on red
        Philip's wife, who was left behind in China, is also doing well. “We just had contact. She had a bit of an upset stomach because she had eaten too spicy. In Huangshi we eat very spicy. Tabasco is like water to us. "" Philip heard from his wife that the situation in his hometown Huangshi has become even more severe. “People were allowed to drive their cars on Saturday. Not anymore. All lights are on red. '"

Perhaps she had gastric symptoms that were dismissed...

"Professor Katrien Lagrou, head of the clinical microbiology lab at UZ Leuven, confirms that the tests on the market in Belgium are reliable." I prefer to speak of an antibody test rather than an immunity test, "she says. "Even if antibodies are found in someone who has been infected, it doesn't mean that that person is actually immune to the virus."

No antibodies were found in Soubry's blood. "That is probably because he was not ill and therefore the virus went through asymptomatic," the professor continues. ,, Previous studies on antibodies have been done in patients who have been seriously ill and have been hospitalized. This showed that the vast majority had indeed built up antibodies. In any case, the results are limited: in general very few people have been tested. ”

So it may be a coincidence that Soubry is not immune, she concludes. ,, But it is equally possible that those who have never had a fever or have never been seriously ill, like he, have never developed antibodies and can therefore be carriers a second time. It seems very unlikely that he once produced antibodies and that they would have disappeared from his body by now. No one knows for sure. A lot of research still needs to be done. ”
      Last edited by Gert van der Hoek; May 11, 2020, 07:07 AM.
      ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
      Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

Je ne saurai jamais avoir votre qualit? d'expression. C'est un vrai bonheur de vous lire ...

Comment

Working...
        X